Your Sun Safety is our Priority!
Sun safety is very important to us. For this reason our Cocopani sun safety beach umbrella has been designed specifically for the harsh Australian Summer. It offers the highest 50+ UPF (ultraviolet protection factor).
When exposed to the Sun we should never forget that Australia has the highest rate of skin cancer in the world. In fact two in three Australians (2 in 3 men and 3 in 5 women) will develop some form of skin cancer before the age of 70. Over 440,000 Australians are treated for skin cancer and more than 2000 Australians die each year from skin cancer. All our umbrellas are tested and have a UPF 50+ rating.
But this doesn’t need to be the case. Nearly all skin cancers can be prevented by protecting yourself from the sun and most skin cancers can be cured if they are diagnosed and treated early.
Be Sun Smart!
Always protect your skin when UV levels are 3 (moderate) and above by following the Sun Smart message. Don’t forget to be Sun Smart and protect yourself in these 5 ways:
- Slip on clothing that covers your shoulders, arms and legs. Choose shirts with collars, high necks and sleeves and trousers or longer shorts and skirts that come below the knees.
- Slop on SPF30+ or higher broad-spectrum water-resistant sunscreen Apply generously 20 minutes before going outside and re-apply every 2 hours. Never rely on sunscreen alone.
- Slap on a broad-brimmed hat that protects your face, ears and neck. Broad-brimmed, bucket and legionnaire style hats provide good protection. Baseball caps are not recommended, as they do not protect the ears, cheeks or neck.
- Seek shade by using a sun safety beach umbrella especially when UV levels are highest between10am and 3pm.
- Slide on sunglasses that meet Australian Standard AS1067 and that fit your face well.